Environmental performance of an organisation has become an important ethical issue across the business world. Governments are increasingly pushing businesses to become environmentally friendly and energy efficient. Customers are opting for “Greener Companies”. An Environmental Management System (EMS) provides a practical framework within which environmental issues can be managed. EMS can be integrated into your operations to help you manage your environmental responsibilities efficiently.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is an internationally recognized standard for Environmental Management System. This series of standards is designed to help organisations continuously achieve environmental performance and compliance with environmental legislations.
Benefits of ISO 14001
Demand for companies to be certified to ISO 14001 is increasing as governments push for businesses to manage their waste and energy consumption. Better environmental management can help to reduce waste and energy use. Meeting environmental legal responsibilities wins the trust of customers and government authorities. ISO 14001 will help you to qualify for a tender opportunity or attracting new customers particularly from larger companies or public sector.
Gaining ISO 14001 certification
We can help you design, develop and implement effective Environmental Management System. We will take the following approach:
• Evaluate the impact your business has on the environment.
• Set-up objectives and targets to continually improve environmental performance.
• Develop procedures and identify environmental records for safe-keeping.
• Produce a legal register of the applicable environmental legislation your business must comply with.
• Deliver environmental training.
• Manage audits from a UKAS accredited certification body to achieve the ISO 14001 certification.